Wednesday, April 27, 2011

Job Hunting...the journey begins

I am
JOB HUNTING
Not for just any job,
but a job that fits me,
 and most importantly my family.

I am Honest
I am Dependable
I am worth looking past, the resume
I have great skills
I have kept them upto date
I am a hard worker
and most of all, I love to
LEARN

If anyone knows of any clerical type openings in and around Grantville.   I would really appreciate an email.   Times are hard..and unfortunately, I am needed to help with the family expenses.

I have posted my resume below


Shawnee A. Fischer
136 E. Harvest Lane   Grantsville, Utah  84029  
801-864-5724 mobile    shawneefischer@aol.com

 Objective

Dedicated individual looking for part-time/full-time work in the office environment industry, to further my skills, and apply my skills to its fullest potential.   I am willing to learn new trades/skills to be a more productive employee.   Extensive skills in clerical duties, phone etiquette, and customer service.

Qualifications


  • Excellent human relations skills, having dealt with a variety of customers and employees.
  • 1-1/2 years college education towards a 2 year Information Processing Degree
  • 10-key by touch (12,000+ ksph), computer literate in Microsoft products, 60+ wpm type speed with great accuracy.
  • Ability to execute a number of projects simultaneously.
  • Solid written and oral communication skills.
  • Customer service oriented individual.
  • Extremely fast learner and eager to learn new programs
  • Honest and hardworking individual, who is willing to do what, is needed to get the job done.

Experience

TEMPORARY OFFICE MANAGER ASSISTANT
JAN 2011 – MARCH 2011  IFCO SYSTEMS, INC., Tooele, Utah
  • Temporary employee through Labor Ready, Inc. Filled in for 8 weeks, while Office Manager was on maternity leave.  Responsibilities include scheduling of driver pickups, customer service, receptionist duties (answering phones), filing daily paperwork, and daily data entry of product sent/received into IFCO computer program.  Compiling & verifying month end reports for accuracy.   Matching purchasing orders with packing slips and invoices.   Adding up product totals of products repaired per day using 10-key skills and any other tasks assigned by office clerk or staff.
HOMEMAKER/HOME SCHOOL TEACHER
1996 - Present  Stay At Home Mom/Home School
  • Manage day to day operations of a household.   I also home school taught my two oldest children in 4th and 6th grade.  Detailed organizational worked needed to stay on track of tasks, work to be completed by deadlines.
SELF EMPLOYEED BUSINESS OWNER, HAIR BOW BUSINESS
1996-2000  EBay, Inc., Salt Lake City, Utah
  • Started a successful home business making and selling hair accessories for infants, children & adults.   I am a self-taught hair bow designer who sold my products on EBay and www.mymiraclebaby.com.   I was able to help provide a living to help support our family.

DATA ENTRY
2000 - 2001  United States Post Office (USPS), Salt Lake City, Utah
·         Temporary/Seasonal Position from October 2000 to January 2001.  Responsibilities include entering zip codes of mail that was unable to be read by automatic address capturing equipment.   Skills required, was 10 hour shifts sitting in front of computer screen doing 10-key at a rapid rate of speed with minimal errors.





MEDICAL RECEPTIONIST/SECRETARY
1998 - 1999  Alliant Tech Systems/Thiokol, Magna, Utah
·         Part time employee working through Nesco Staffing, providing front office duties which included, receptionist, secretary skills, medical chart filing, website design and update, and scheduling of employee appointments for medical office.
SAFETY MANAGER, ROUTE COORDINATOR, RECEPTIONIST/SECRETARY
1991 - 1996  BFI Medical Waste Systems, North Salt Lake, Utah
  • I started out my career as a full time receptionist, and was promoted to Biotrack coordinator within 6 months.   After 2 years of employment I was again promoted to Safety Manager.   My responsibilities included: training of all employees on safety procedures, holding weekly safety meetings with drivers, and warehouse workers.   Scheduling/ maintaining of medical records for all employees on radiation/blood exposure in the workplace.   In charge of updating and maintaining all Federal/State safety procedures for the company.   Process and report all radioactive materials to Division of Radiation Control.   Assist in monthly reporting to the Division of Environmental Quality.   Weekly reports of payroll, and accounts payable to company controller.   Attended many courses throughout my career on safety manager courses, to help in my career and in reporting injury/accidents to OSHA and corporate headquarters.    Was laid off in March 1997 due to reduction of force.
ASSISTANT POOL MANAGER, WATER SAFETY INSTRUCTOR, LIFEGUARD
1988 - 1991  Granite School District, Salt Lake City, Utah
  • During my teenage years, I started out as a lifeguard at Cottonwood High School.  I was required to take numerous courses to be certified in life saving skills.   I furthered my skills by taking the Water Safety Instructor course which was an extensive course to become a certified water safety instructor to teach individuals on the proper way to swim.   The last year of my career with Granite School district, I was working at Hartvigsen School, a school for children and adults with disabilities and as an Assistant Pool Manager at Hunter High School and Hartvigsen.  I gained great respect for all people, especially individuals with disabilities and challenges.    I left this employment to pursue a career in the major I was pursuing as a secretary from SLCC.


Education

Salt Lake Community College, Salt Lake City, Utah
1991 – 1993   Information Processing Degree

I have completed 1-1/2 years of various courses towards my Information Processing 2 year degree.
 
Cyprus High School, Magna, Utah
1987 -1991     High School Diploma

References

Due to the length of time since my last permanent employment, all professional contacts have changed or left the companies provided above. 
·         Personal recommendation letter from IFCO Systems, Inc. (attached)

·         Personal recommendations available upon request.

Thanks in advance for anyones help!
Its much appreciated!



No comments: